Categories
Celebrities

Dina Manzo's ex ordered to stay away from her following racketeering arrest: report

Fox News Flash top entertainment headlines for July 3

Fox News Flash top entertainment and celebrity headlines are here. Check out what’s clicking today in entertainment.

Dina Manzo's ex-husband has been ordered not to go near the former "Real Housewives" star and her current husband after his arrest earlier this week.

Thomas Manzo was arrested Tuesday in New Jersey along with John Perna, an alleged member of the Lucchese crime family, on assault and racketeering charges, U.S. Attorney for the District of New Jersey Craig Carpenito said in a press release.

Thomas Manzo, 55, and Perna, 43, both of New Jersey, are accused of planning and carrying out an assault on Dina Manzo's husband, Dave Cantin.

Thomas Manzo allegedly hired Perna to carry out the 2015 assault in exchange for a discounted "lavish" wedding reception at the Brownstone Restaurant in Paterson, N.J., which he co-owns. Both men have been charged by indictment with committing a violent crime in aid of racketeering activity and conspiracy to commit a violent crime in aid of racketeering activity.

CAROLINE MANZO TALKS TERESA GIUDICE FEUD, WRITING A BOOK

According to documents obtained by People magazine, Manzo's bail is currently set at $100,000. If he makes bail, the former reality star husband can only travel within New Jersey and must surrender all passports.

Manzo is also "not to have any contact with the victims" unless an attorney is present, the report said.

'REAL HOUSEWIVES' STAR BRANDI GLANVILLE DETAILS ALLEGED AFFAIR WITH CO-STAR DENISE RICHARDS IN NEW SUPERTEASE

Television personalities Caroline Manzo (L) and Dina Manzo attend the First Annual Jones New York power lunch at The Campbell Apartment on September 23, 2010 in New York City.
(Mike Coppola/FilmMagic)

Manzo has also been charged with falsifying and concealing records related to the federal investigation of the assault and documents related to Perna's August 2015 wedding reception.

"Manzo failed to turn over relevant documents in response to those subpoenas and deliberately submitted a false document regarding the reception to the government, along with a false certification. In November 2019, agents with the FBI executed a search warrant at the Brownstone Restaurant and seized invoices for the August 2015 Perna wedding reception and other relevant documents that were not previously turned over," prosecutors said.

CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP

Manzo and Perna face up to 20 years in prison and a $250,000 fine on the racketeering charges. Both defendants made initial appearances on Tuesday via videoconference before U.S. Magistrate Cathy L. Waldor.

Dina Manzo appeared on four seasons of "The Real Housewives of New Jersey" before departing in 2015 to relocate to California. She married Cantin in 2017.

Source: Read Full Article

Categories
Lifestyle

Dina Manzo’s ex-husband pleads not guilty to hiring hitman to attack her now-husband

Former “RHONJ” star Dina Manzo’s ex-husband pleaded not guilty on Tuesday to charges he hired a Mafia hitman to beat up her current spouse.

Tommy Manzo appeared via Zoom before a federal court for allegedly hiring Lucchese crime family soldier John Perna to carry out an attack on the reality star’s now-hubby in exchange for a discount wedding reception at the Manzo family catering hall in Patterson, N.J.

The 55-year-old, who was given $100,000 bail by federal Judge Cathy L. Waldor, was hit charges of committing a violent crime in aid of racketeering, assault with a dangerous weapon and falsifying records, each of which carries a 20-year maximum sentence and $250,000 fine.

If he makes bail, he will be under supervision and must surrender his passports and travel documents.

Perna, 43, was arraigned Tuesday on the same charges and also pleaded not guilty to beating up victim Dave Cantin — who was dating Dina at the time of the July 2015 attack. He also was hit with a count of insurance fraud for falsely reporting his Mercedes Benz was destroyed in 2016 after setting it on fire with other Lucchese mobsters.

He was given the same bail conditions as Manzo, except he will also be under 24-hour supervision and home incarceration with electronic monitoring.

Federal officials said that 330 people, including “many members” of the Lucchese crime family, attended Perna’s August 2015 ceremony and prosecutors alleged in their indictment that Tommy falsified and hid records related to the federal investigation of the assault when federal grand jury subpoenas were sent to the Brownstone.

In November 2019, agents with the FBI executed a search warrant at the Brownstone Restaurant and seized invoices for the August 2015 Perna wedding reception and other relevant documents that were not previously turned over.

Manzo’s lawyer, Michael Critchley, had earlier released a statement saying his client is “absolutely innocent, and the allegations more resemble a fictionalized plot of a reality TV show and will be proven to be nothing more than that.”

Tommy and Dina were married for 11 years before their divorce was finalized in 2016 and the alleged attack occurred.

Dina and Cantin were also attacked in a 2017 home invasion. The alleged attacker, James Mainello, was indicted by a grand jury in July 2019 and faces up to 20 years in prison for the crime.

Dina and Cantin tied the knot in May 2019.

Dina and Cantin’s civil attorney, Andrew Brettler, told Page Six on Tuesday that “both of them were victims of a horrific home invasion and attack. We have complete faith in the law enforcement authorities to see that Dina and Dave get the justice they deserve.”

Share this article:

Source: Read Full Article